Sunday, August 23, 2009

Worst.Summer.Ever.

This is BY FAR the WORST Summer that I can remember.
I do recall the first year in Madison Heights when taking my step-son to school and we passed people getting off a bus at the corner. A guy got off the bus wearing a Winter coat. It was June 6th.
This, though, has been worse.
The next day after that, it got warm and it turned out to be a great Summer that year.
This year, it's just been bleh non stop.
While I haven't had any days wearing a Winter coat, just yesterday, August frakking 22, I was wearing long pants and my Fall/Spring windbreaker.
I mean, come the Eff on!
So far, I've only used the A/C twice, and in fact, it was August before I ever took that Winter cover off the compressor outside! Oy! Ok, sure, there were a couple of days in July where I could have turned on the A/C had I had the cover off already, but it wasn't pressing enough to make me run outside and remove it and fire the frakking thing up.
The funniest thing is that we had a couple of days in the 90s way back in April or maybe early May, but then I don't think we hit the 80s again until July.
Even worse, the lawn is dead. It did nothing but rain until the middle of June, and then although it never got "Summer hot," it was steady in the 70s and without rain the lawn flatlined.
I refuse to water the lawn.
At some point, I'll get some of those rain barrels and use those to catch rain and then water the lawn from those, but not anytime this year.
So, here it is, August 23, and the past 2 days I've woken up to temperatures in the 50s! Ok, so it was 58 and 59, but STILL!
Worst.Summer.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment